Brand Public Relations Manager
Brand Public Relations Manager - MOU00009S
INTERNAL ROLE TITLE: Brand Public Relations Manager.
REPORTS TO: Head of Corporate Affairs FUNCTION: Strategy DEPARTMENT: Strategy Role Purpose To manage, strategically and operationally, Brand PR including consumer, CR & sponsorship external communications programmes for Vodafone Ireland. To devise, co-ordinate and drive brand preference and engagement through Pr campaigns to support consumer,sponsorship and CR messaging in close co-operation with Vodafone Ireland Brand team and social media. To support the CEO & Exec on external messaging, product launches, network messaging, crisis communications and overall reputation management. To work closely with Corp Comms manager to design and execute PR strategy for Vodafone Ireland. Essence of Role –
1. To devise, develop and implement the overall Vodafone Ireland brand communications strategy and programme. To communicate the benefits of the Vodafone brand, the products and services across different media channels – traditional and social.
2. To work closely with Head of Corporate Affairs and Corp Comms manager to devise and manage the overall Vodafone Ireland PR/communications strategy. Maintain and monitor company reputation amongst key external stakeholders (media, industry/consumer groups, politicals, other interest groups, general public) and together with other members of the brand and corporate affairs teams, deliver an integrated approach to stakeholder engagement and external comms. Active participation in relevant bodies/industry committees as Vodafone Ireland representative.
3. Maximising local (Ireland) awareness and effectiveness of brand sponsorships (both Group and local programmes) and developing and implementing supporting Public Relations programmes.
4. Lead PR for Vodafone’s CSR & sustainability Agenda ensuring that Vodafone is perceived and understood as a leader in this space.
5. Identify and manage issues with potential to impact negatively on brand reputation, including crisis management scenarios for Vodafone and maintain an issues management system that clearly identifies issues which may negatively impact upon brand equity. Liaison with relevant internal stakeholders to resolve issues and ensure co-ordinated communications of company position across traditional and social media.
6. Effective liaison with Vodafone Group key Corporate Affairs and Brand personnel to report Vodafone activity, engage in Group programmes and represent Vodafone Ireland on various Group driven projects.
7. Management of relevant agency(ies), agency personnel and budgets. Key agency contact for all Brand, Consumer and CR media programmes.
8. Act as company spokesperson on all brand issues – work with key internal spokespeople on their external stakeholder activities including media relations and key external opportunities at industry forums.
9. Ensure Vodafone is contactable for media and crisis management, manage media queries.
10. Effective budgetary management for brand activities and contribute to cost focus and budget planning for Copr affairs team activities. Role Dimensions Financial (limits/mandates etc.) Non-financial (customers/staff etc) Agency cost management Budgetary management Actively engaging in the development of key corporate Affairs employees, management of their input into all relevant programmes. Collaborative cross-functional working.
Typical Outputs Ongoing development of key communications programmes with supporting briefings for CEO, SLT, key internal spokespersonas On-going delivery and analysis of relevant Consumer, CR and product media and effectiveness for Head of Corporate Affairs, senior management, Brand/consumer team Creation of briefing documents/key messages for CEO, SLT, agencies. Reporting directly to Group on relevant local projects, communication programmes.
Early identification and effective actiona taken on potential reputational issues, managing down of same. Person Specification Competency / Performance Driver Technical / Professional Expertise Communicating for Impact Putting Customers First Delivering Results Managing a Changing Environment 5+ years communications experience, either in-house or with an comms agency.
Previous experience communicating with media and social media. Extensive range of media contacts and proven track record of possessing ability to develop and maintain such relationships Proven exceptional written, presentation, interpersonal & general communications skills and media relations skills are essential Ability to work collaboratively and corss-functionally at all levels within a fast-pased & dynamic environment High level of current affairs/popular culture awareness. Understanding of Vodafone’s products a clear advantage 5+ years communications experience, either in-house or with an comms agency.
Previous experience communicating with media and social media. Extensive range of media contacts and proven track record of possessing ability to develop and maintain such relationships Proven exceptional written, presentation, interpersonal & general communications skills and media relations skills are essential Ability to work collaboratively and corss-functionally at all levels within a fast-pased & dynamic environment High level of current affairs/popular culture awareness. Understanding of Vodafone’s products a clear advantage